The Library has 16 Study Rooms located on the 6th Floor meant for study and research activities that can be used by every member of FEUP's community.
How to Access this Service
The Study Rooms Reservation Service is available only to the members of FEUP's community, after they have reserved via the SIGARRA's resources reservation system. Its use implies the user's registration as a Library's user.
The Teachers, Researchers, Third Cycle Students and Floor Attendants can make an "Advanced Reservation", which allows them to choose the time frame: single, daily, weekly, monthly.
The Teachers, Researchers, Doctorate Students and Floor Attendants have priority on reservations authorisation over the First and Second Cycle Students.
How to proceed
To make a reservation on the Study Rooms you should go to SIGARRA webpage and follow these steps:
- Identify yourself in the system (click Login), using SIGARRA’s username and password;
- On the left hand side column select the option Services;
- On the right hand side select the option Resources Reservation;
- On the "types of group resources", select Rooms;
- On the resources groups, select the room you wish to reserve: Library - Individual Rooms;
- On the mandatory fields you have to state the Hour, Starting Date and Duration. Then click on the final option, Submit;
- On the reservation confirmation you can fill in the fields "Motive" and/or "Special Request", explaining the reasons why you wish to reserve the space and then click on the Confirm option;
- On the request detail you can see the information filled in or, when you make a mistake, click on the Cancel Request option;
- To access the rooms, the user must collect the key from the ground floor’s front desk and return it by the end of the event.
The Study Rooms can also be used without a reservation, if there are available Rooms (not reserved). To do so, just walk up to the ground floor’s front desk and ask if there are Study Rooms available for that day.
Study Rooms Regulation
- The Study Rooms are meant for study and research activities;
- The reservation requests should be submitted up to 24 hours before to the date of the reservation’s beginning. The reservations are confirmed on the evening of the requested day;
- The Teachers, Researchers, Third Cycle Students and Floor Attendants can make an "Advanced Reservation", which allows them to choose the time frame: single, daily, weekly, monthly;
- The Teachers, Researchers, Doctorate Students and Floor Attendants have priority on reservations authorisation over the First and Second Cycle Students;
- The Study Rooms use implies the request of a key at the ground floor’s helpdesk. A thirty minute toleration period will be granted to do so. If the key isn't collected until the set hour, the study room can be made available for another user;
- The key shall be returned by the end of the event. If you don’t return the key until the Library's close time, a fine of 0.50€ will be issued for each day overdue. It also leads to the block of your Library's user account until your situation is regulated;
- If the library needs to change a lock due to the late return or loss of a key, the user must reimburse the Library with all the costs supported by the Library;
- The users are responsible for the upkeep of all the equipment available in the offices;
- Any irregularity must be reported to the floor attendant on the Ground floor;
- Each office can be occupied with 2 people at most;
- No smoking, eating and drinking is allowed in the offices, in accordance with the Library's General Regulation;
- Silence is to be maintained in the offices and the corridors leading to them.